Welcome to Code: WIKI! Your free encyclopedia of all Code Lyoko related information!
Account creation has been suspended for the time being due to massive amounts of spamming and vandalism.
From Code Wiki
|Age||14 (physically) 24 (By date)|
|Lyoko Powers||Creativity, Flight, Second Sight|
|Romances||JeremiexAelita, OddxAelita NicholasxAelita|
|Voice|| Sharon Mann (English)|
Sophie Landresse (French)
This article is about the character. You may be looking for the episode.
Aelita, real name Aelita Schaeffer (Aelita Hopper in referral to Franz Hopper), Aelita Stones at Kadic, is a human-turned virtual being, and the daughter of Franz Hopper. She is considered by the fans the technical ruler of Lyoko if one exists. She is second in command of Team Lyoko (though we have not seen her take command in Jeremie's absence), and is usually the target of XANA's schemes. Aelita is also one of the characters with an unnatural hair color, the other being one of her protectors, Odd. XANA is her sworn enemy, and she has spent the majority of her life fighting the malevolent program. She has a relationship with Jeremie. She seems to be the show's central character, because every season revolves around her quest to be materialized, unravel her past, or locate her father. Not to mention, she is the only one that can register the titular Code: LYOKO into the towers.
Aelita's hair is pink on Lyoko and in the real world as well. Aelita wears different outfits at different times on Earth. Her daytime/outside outfit in the first season is a maroon skirt, yellow shirt and pink jacket shown in the "Aelita's Materialization" picture below. In The Key, this is shown to be the outfit she was wearing before she was virtualized in the sequence of returning of Aelita's memory. In the second season, she wears a dark pink jumper dress over a light pink hooded long sleeved shirt with two fuzzy pull strings and pink knee boots. Her night clothes consists of white socks and an over sized pink t-shirt with a red letter A on the front. On Lyoko, Aelita wears a pink mini skirt and a matching top that go over light green pants and a long shirt that are both off-white, with maroon gaiters that wrap around them, and matching shoes. Her ears are pointed, like an elf's. Her left ear has a small dangle earring. Her Lyoko ID card shows a picture of her face and body. She also has light green, maroon-edged sleeves cut off from her shirt (in fact, they only cover the lower arms). In Season 4, her outfits changed, she was given a full body suit with a transparent skirt and wings on Lyoko by Jeremie. And in the real world, she IS now wearing a dark pink dress with light pink leggings and pink boots.
She is Jeremie's love interest, that is why she always blushes when she talks about something secretive with Jeremie and herself as seen in episode Crash Course when Yumi asks her what does "Big Fat Cheese Head", Aelita blushes and responds that it is a private joke between her and Jermie. She loves music and is a great DJ because her father used to play piano for her. Since she used to learn Piano Lessons with her father, Aelita has developed a musical talent in disc turning, and represented Kadic in the inter-school DJ dance in Final Mix, in which William stated that she was "really incredible". Later on, she auditioned to be the opening Act for the Subdigitals in Opening Act, and got the role in Crash Course. She then preformed in Music to Soothe the Savage Beast, where the crowd loved her music.
Aelita is known to be very naïve because she was stuck inside a computer for more than ten years. This inexperience is often exploited by Sissi; such as in Uncharted Territory, when Sissi told Aelita to go to the boy's bathroom, because there were "no girl in sight". Sissi later told her to "go back to the north" because she doesn't belong at Kadic, to which Aelita responded by virtualizing herself. Aelita's naïvete is later seen as she expressed a compulsive attitude towards finding the meaning of her visions in Deja Vu and finding the location of her father in Aelita.
Aelita's Past Life
Aelita was born to Franz Hopper and Antea Hopper. They lived in a mountain top cabin somewhere in the french Alps, but Mrs. Hopper got kidnapped by the Men In Black. After that Franz decided to move to the Hermitage where he became a teacher while he secretly kept repeating the same day over and over again to complete Xana and Lyoko. When the Men In Black began pursuing Franz, he and his daughter went to Lyoko, which, according to Hopper, was a world without danger. Before he did so, he made precautions to hide his Diary by hiding it's Key in Mister Pück, and Making sure Aelita remembered where it was. This is why in episode Mister Pück, Aelita kept seeing the elf hiding something in a tree, because it was the key to the diary. After they were virtualized, XANA, a computer entity created by Hopper to destroy Project Carthage, used the opportunity to imprison its creator and ordered the Scyphozoa to steal Aelita's memories, thus linking him, Aelita, and the fate of Lyoko to the Supercomputer . When Jeremie Belpois stumbled onto the Supercomputer and turned it on, both Aelita and Jeremie were led to believe she was an A.I. because of the fact that she had no memory at all of who or where she was, not even her own name. At first, Jeremie called her "Artificial Intelligence", but she wanted to be called something else, so Jeremie called her "Maya". Surprisingly, as stated here, she was originally planned to really be an AI and not a regular girl. After the decoding and reading Franz Hopper's diary in Revelation, Aelita found out that she was actually a real human, and was Franz's Daughter. But although the series ended, nothing (other than the fact that her mother was kidnapped) was revealed to us, this issue is presumably going to be addressed in Code Lyoko Evolution.
Aelita's temporary deaths
Aelita has had many temporary deaths in the show, most of them being due to the fact that she is linked to the Supercomputer. This was first seen in False Start when Jeremie turned of the supercomputer and Aelita lost consciousness. Many people think it is "faiting", but in Common Interest, it showed on the doctors screen, that when the supercomputer is off, Aelita has NO life signal.
Other that that, in the final episode of the second season, The Key, the Scyphozoa manages to steal her half of the Keys (resulting in her death), allowing XANA to escape his prison on Lyoko. Her father manages to return her to life, and every memory she had lost, including a copy of her half of the Keys, which may allow her control over Lyoko after XANA's escaped from the Supercomputer. He did this by giving her his own keys to Lyoko, he was then thought to be dead until he was localized in the episode Aelita. With the keys, she was able to break the link from Xana, and now she is able to de-virtualize like the others members of Team Lyoko without the use of Code: Earth. And other than that, she doesn't temporarily die when the Supercomputer is turned off.
Aelita's relationship with Jeremie
At first, Aelita just contacted the team during attacks, but by Big Bug, Aelita talked to Jeremie on a daily basis about his life and what life was like on Earth. Aelita, having not remembered any of her past memories, was intrigued by simple things like "resting", and Jeremie often had to use metaphors a computer would understand better, i.e. "Resting is like recharging your batteries." Jeremie also constantly made hints that he really liked talking to her, such as in the "resting" conversation when he said "I thought resting was boring when I was little. But now that I met you I actually enjoy it." Aelita usually replied with a soft giggle or something else indicating joy. After she was materialized, she became even closer to him, seeing as he was the one to materialize her. They hang out together most of the times, but it is still unknown if they are actually "together". Many hints can be seen in future episodes such as when she kisses him in XANA's Kiss, and when she kisses him on the cheek in Crash Course for letting her go to The Subdigitals. They also seem to have several fights, most are in Season 4 after Aelita got full grasp of Human life. The first was when they fought over the audition for the Subdigitals, the second was because Jeremie didn't want to go to her concert , and the third was when she called stubborn as a fool for hating his cousin.
- Aelita uses a scooter whilst traveling to the Factory in the sewers. She also has a mobile phone for herself. It seems all of her property was purchased for her by Jeremie and possibly paid for by Ulrich.
- In the first season, Aelita sometimes engaged in meditation. She hadn't done it since then, but meditates again in the Season 4 episode Kadic Bombshell. It appears that meditation is Aelita's way of listening for XANA's pulsations. It is unknown if she will do it again.
- Like XANA, Aelita has the power to strike out at the real world. In Ghost Channel, Aelita caused the pipes in the Boiler Room to destruct, allowing Jeremie to elude Jim and Mr. Delmas.
- When Aelita was a child, she had a doll named Mister Pück. The doll was the source of her dreams during early Season 2.
- In The Girl of the Dreams, Jeremie accidentally mistook Taelia for Aelita, thinking that he had finally materialized her to Earth. Despite their matching voices and physical appearances, Taelia was the antithesis of Aelita.
- Aelita is an excellent DJ, and may know how to play the piano, thanks to her father, who gave her lessons when she was a child.
- In New Order, Aelita is officially given her false surname of "Stones." Aelita remarks that her name is, "like the rock group." This is a reference fo the popular Rock band, The Rolling Stones.
- Aelita's life points are restored every time she enters a Tower. This is critical in the first season, but is not so important after New Order, after which she lives on Earth.
- Sissi often calls Aelita "Mrs./Ms. Einstein", in association with Odd calling Jeremie "Einstein". In New Order Sissi called Aelita and Jeremie Mr. and Mrs. Einstein.
- Aelita's nickname is Princess, which is often thought of by some fans as more than just a nickname. In "Deja Vu" Odd called her Cinderella, in reference to her "stroke of midnight" arrival at the Factory.
- In the episode "Code: Earth", Odd claims Aelita is from Holland, yet Yumi says that Aelita is Japanese. These are all lies to allow her to stay on Earth.
- In the episode "New Order", Odd tells Jim that Aelita is from Canada. This is another lie, but Jim actually believes it this time, not remembering her at all.
- Her name is also spelled "Aélita" on some French scripts. The spelling "Aëlita" is a pure French fanon.
- Aelita's DJ skills were later shown again after she was chosen by Chris of the Subdigitals to be their opening act in Crash Course.
- Aelita is shown to have a pink laptop, seen in Guided Missile.
- Aelita and Odd were almost killed after the Kolossus destroyed the Skid in the episode Down to Earth. Luckily both were devirtualized just before the Skid impacted the Digital Sea.
- Aelita is the only character to have inadvertently devirtualized one of her comrades. In Canine Conundrum, she fired an Energy Field at William only for him to dodge it and the shot to hit and devirtualize Odd.